All school’s now receive school sports funding of £8000 per year.This year (April 2015 – 2016) we have used ours to:
- Provide free swimming sessions for all pupils – all pupils from R-Y6 have swimming lessons. £3593 Impact = 100% of Y6 pupils can now swim 50m by the end of KS2.
- Provide expert coaching in P.E from Andy Conkey. Impact = All pupils (R – Y6) receive 2 hours high quality PE per week and have access to an after school club.
- Provide training for our teachers to excel in P.E £2990 – All staff observe good PE sessions led by Andy Conkey as part of their planning and preparation time. Impact – Staff are more confident in their ability to deliver high quality PE.
- To take part in the small school’s tournaments Impact 100% of pupils have taken part in sporting events this year.
- Purchase of lockers for all pupils so that PE kits can be left in school £2226 Impact – pupil participation in PE has increased by 25% and incidents of no PE kits have decreased by 75%
Total spend = £8809