At Oughterside we aim to enhance and extend our curriculum in a number of ways. These include:
- Offering breakfast club
- Offering after school clubs every night which are rotated half termly
- Offering trips and visits to enhance curriculum areas - visits including: Science museum, Beamish, Ulverston Buddhist Temple, The Chill Factore, The Lion King theatre visit, Live orchestra visit and local farms and parks.
- Having residential visits for both Key Stages which alternate between local area adventures and city visits.
- Holding parent and child activities such as egg decorating, Christmas bauble decorating ,Summer Fayre, bingo and quizzes.
- Hosting visits from organisations such as PDSA, Tri Kidz, Hearstart and Barnardos
- Community involvement such as singing for the pensioners group, collecting for the food bank, raising funds for local charities.
- Parties and discos