Autumn 2 - Christianity
Our key question for R.E this half term is:
How does the presence of Jesus impact on people’s lives?
Over the half term we will use the following questions to help us explore Christianity:
- In what ways do Christians believe that God with us?
- How does it feel to be in the presence of God?
- How did/does the presence of Jesus have an impact on people’s lives?
- In what ways do Christians believe that they are the presence of Jesus in the world today?
Autumn 1 - Buddhism
This half term we explored the religion Buddhism.
- Where Buddhism was founded.
- The main beliefs of Buddhists.
- Special Places for Buddhists.
- Buddhist symbols.
- The holy book used by Buddhists and what is in it.
We have enjoyed looking at different objects that Buddhists find special, using drama to retell the story of Buddha, and creating our own games to help others to learn about Buddhism.
As we were unable to visit a Buddhist temple this half term, we watched a video tour of our closest Buddhist Temple in Ulverston. Please use the link below for more information.