Update 17th March
17th March 2020
Thank you for your support during these difficult times. I would like to update you on some of the measures we are putting in place.
- Staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal.
If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days.
- We will continue to reinforce good hygiene and the importance of handwashing is school.
We are cleaning and disinfecting regularly touched areas.
- All assemblies have been cancelled.
- All external visitors to school will only be allowed if they have no symptoms.
- All after school clubs are suspended after tonight 17/03/20
- All swimming has been cancelled until the end of term.
- The Mother’s Day sale will still go ahead as planned but staff will help to run it, rather than inviting visitors to help.
- The egg decorating is also cancelled but children can decorate an egg at home and bring this to school for the competition.
- All meetings with parents have been cancelled and letters/ leaflets will be sent in place.
If any parents or grandparents who are collecting children are classed in the vulnerable groups, then we are happy for them to collect children at a different time in order to help them with social distancing.
We will remain open as long as the guidance says that we can. In the event of any self isolation/ social distancing or school closure – we have packs of work prepared for the children. Each pack will have a Maths and English activity and other activities for the children to complete at home. We will send an exercise book and apparatus for the children to complete their work. We will also send home log in details so children can access our online learning platforms such as: Rockstars, Accelerated Reader, Mathletics and Reading Plus.
In the even of a full closure, staff will be available via email to offer support, advice and guidance. Email addresses will be text to parents if this becomes the case.
School will support families as best we can. If at any point you feel that your family is struggling and needs support please get in touch.
I will continue to update you on a regular basis. Thank you for your understanding.
Mrs Sarah Jardine